Skip to main content

I Scrapped!

I am so excited. I made a page yesterday!:

IMG_0369

IMG_0370  

I found a sketch online and is that ever the way to go. I was able to finish this during Gracie's naptime! How awesome is that? I love naptime. =) I loved not having to sit there and figure out where to put everything. It totally took away the pressure. I used my new goodies, which was also super fun. I love having pre-coordinated stuff to choose from. I also love that it came with these.

This was the first scrapbook page I have made for/of Gracie and it felt great. It was awesome to record memories for her. I am not sure if I love the sticker in between the 2 photos, but it is a sticker and it won't come off. So, it stays. Perfection is not my game, people. I liked that the sketch had a place for paper, and helped me layer the paper, and had a place for the title and journal, but that was it. So, the rub-ons across the top and the sticker were my additions. I also changed were the journaling was supposed to be. There was supposed to be a little box for journaling slightly to the left of the bottom photo but I felt like using the open space on the bottom and really like how that came out. I have never used rub-ons before and I ended up with a smudge of black on the paper, which did not make me happy. I couldn't get it off so I trimmed that bit off. I know. Again, perfection isn't going to happen. Any advice on to safely use those rub-ons? Is it better to trim off the bit you want to use? So, overall I am lovin' the page and have been thinking about scrapping all day. I am hoping to do that tonight (I have an awesome pic to scrap) while we watch some TV. If they choose that crazy girl, I am going to be irritated!

Comments

  1. Yeah, I usually cut the rub-ons Im going to use at the moment apart from the rest so that I dont accidentally end up with little pieces of other ones on the page. I love rub-ons, especially words! Theyre fun to use on the picture its self since they dont hide too much like stickers sometimes do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gracie Arrives.

I have been meaning to get into the habit of posting. I think about it every day. Then, the day gets away from me. But, I know there is so much that I am going to want to remember so I am going to try really hard to get something posted every week-day. May as well set the bar high, right? =) So, I thought I would start with a recap of Gracie's birth. Wed Oct 15th: We have our 39 week doctor appt. We are scheduled for an ultrasound before the dr visit. The ultrasound shows that the baby is 8 pounds 14 ounces. Mommy is a little stunned and has a hard time getting up and leaving the office. We see the dr and he explains that the baby could be one pound bigger or one pound larger than the weight the ultrasound showed. Either way we are looking at an 8-10 pound baby. Mommy is still in shock. The dr checks me and determines that nothing is really happening and things are not favorable to induce the baby. We can wait and see if I go into labor or we can schedule a c-section. If we get

Pudding.

I made butterscotch pudding recently and let Gracie try some. She was pretty excited: